2018 SWAAG Meeting: Call for Presentations
Anyone interested in the advancement of geography is invited to submit abstracts and organized sessions for presentation at the meeting. To be eligible to present or organize a session at the meeting, you must be registered for the meeting. Abstract submissions for paper and poster presentations are due by 5 PM CT on 10 September 2018. Session submissions are due by 5 PM CT on 10 September 2018. Please follow the guidelines below for preparing and submitting an abstract or session.
- Everybody presenting a paper or poster is required to submit an abstract by 5 PM CT on 10 September 2018.
- SWAAG accepts all submitted abstracts for presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted online.
- Please read and understand the difference between paper and poster presentations (see below) to ensure that you submit an abstract for the correct session type.
- Abstracts must describe the presentation's purpose, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Abstracts are limited to 250 words.
- Abstracts should include up to 5 keywords.
- Abstracts will not be edited; you are responsible for any spelling, grammatical, and typographical errors.
- Use the active voice for your abstract and presentation. Write clearly and concisely. Avoid jargon.
- Do not include your name, affiliation, or contact information in the body of the abstract.
- Do not include the title in the body of the abstract.
- Do not use underlining, boldface type, italics, subscripts, or superscripts.
- Do not use abbreviations.
- Do not include any codes for justification, hyphenation, line height, line centering, margins, spacing, fonts, page centering, page numbering, suppression, or tabs in your abstract.
- Do not use all caps.
- Do not use bulleted lists.
- By submitting an abstract, you are granting the SWAAG permission to publish it in the abstract compilation and to disseminate it electronically.
- A paper presentation is an oral presentation of problem statement, objectives, methods and data, results, and conclusions.
- Each paper is allotted 20 minutes for presentation and discussion.
- Each paper session is limited to 5 presentations.
- Computers and projectors for paper presentations will be provided in each meeting room at no charge.
- A poster presentation is a visual presentation of problem statement, objectives, methods and data, results, and conclusions.
- Posters are exhibited for informal browsing with opportunities for individual discussion with poster authors.
- Each poster session is limited to 20 posters.
- Posters must not be larger than 3' x 4'.
- Room for poster presentations will be provided at no charge.
- Organized sessions represent an excellent opportunity for meeting participants to come together and present and discuss a particular topic.
- Individuals, groups, and specialty groups may submit organized sessions until 5 PM CT on 10 September 2018.
- SWAAG accepts all submitted organized sessions for presentation.
- Each session may list up to two organizers and one chair in the program.
- Paper Sessions consist of 5 papers or 4 papers and a discussant. Each paper is expected to conform to the 20-minute time limit.
- Panel Sessions consist of 5 to 7 participants. These sessions are 100-minute discussions among the panel and audience members. Formal presentations are not to be part of panel sessions.
- To submit an organized session, complete the online form.
- To present in an organized session, submit your abstract online (see above for more information) and forward your abstract confirmation email to the session organizers. If you choose not to participate in a pre-organized session, the SWAAG Meeting Program Committee will place your presentation into the most germane session available.
- This is the current list of submitted organized sessions.
© Southwest Division of the American Association of Geographers. All rights reserved.